RURAL Ireland has been asked to move with the times when it comes to creating a more welcoming environment for everyone, with a few suggestions as to how farmers and culchies can weed out outdated terminology that may be insensitive to people today.
These suggestions include:
– ‘Round bales’ has connotations of bale-shaming, and as such the term ‘plus-sized bales’ should be used from now on.
– ‘Now you’re suckin’ diesel’ has always been an aggressive, toxic statement, but there exists no other way to describe the action. Therefore people are being asked to just be a little less aggressive when saying it, while perhaps adding that the diesel sucking is consensual.
– ‘How’re they cutting’ should replace ‘How’s she cutting’. In fact, you can avoid future hassle by using ‘how is it being cut’, in case ‘they’ is deemed inappropriate by 2023.
– In general, there’s a lot of flapping, tipping, rolling, turning and piping. Could we replace all this with ‘farming’? It’s all farming, people. We don’t need to go into the specifics.
– John Deere must change it’s name to just Deere, or introduce a new line of Jane Deere and also J. Dxxre machines.
– The entire milking industry is… it just has to go, every bit of it.
We appreciate all the help we can get, become a WWN Patreon Supporter below and gain access to bonus content.Become a Patron!