Everything You Need To Know About Bernie Sanders


THE Vermont Senator has officially thrown his hat in the ring for the 2020 US Presidential Election.

Having galvanised large sections of the Democratic party during his run for the 2016 nomination against Hillary Clinton before falling short, Bernie Sanders is about as big a name in US politics you can get but what do you really know about him?

WWN Politics reveals all:

At 147-years-old, is the oldest person to run for president.

His message of unity, sharing wealth and working together is playing poorly with the ‘self-made racist billionaire in the White House’ demographic.

Has previously given people who don’t traditionally get out and vote hope, and therefore he must be stopped at all costs.

Was conceived by his parents on top of the gravestone of Karl Marx.

Campaigning for equality, free education, climate change action and healthcare for all, Sanders shares his political philosophy with a 13-year-old teenager who has no idea how the ‘real world’ works.

Briefly dated Angelina Jolie in 1998.

Has been estranged from his brother Colonel Sanders for a number of years.

American by birth, Stalin era Russia by choice.

Is not nearly corrupt, selfish or narcissistic enough to win a US Presidential Election.

His series of ‘Get A Body Like Bernie’ exercise DVDs were popular in the early 00s.

A principled man, Sanders personally taxes himself at a flat rate of 99%, spending the remaining 1% on his diet of bird seeds.