Dáithí Ó Sé Airlifted To Hospital After Suspected Craic Overdose
KERRY presenter Dáithí Ó Sé has been airlifted to the Mater hospital in Dublin after he was found slumped over in his Tralee hotel room, where sources claim the RTE personality succumbed to an overdose of craic, after being on the wagon for nearly a year.
Ó Sé, notorious for his craic dependency, was spotted yesterday having the craic with a number of unnamed Roses, and although he initially refused to partake in the customary ‘Dáithí runs away from the Roses’ photoshoot, his addiction took hold sending him running across a field with 40 young women in tow, reportedly laughing his head off like a big mad eejit.
The craic apparently continued throughout the day and into the late evening, until a member of staff at his hotel found the Kerry native foaming at the mouth in the bathroom.
“He just kept muttering gibberish,” said an emotionally distraught housekeeping maid who found Ó Sé’s almost lifeless body, “he was mumbling something like ‘ah sure isn’t it great’ and ‘sure we’re all here for a bit of a laugh, no harm to anyone’.
“There were brochures for ceili bands and trad nights strewn all around him. It was very hard to see him like that.
“I heard he had tried to stay off the craic, but when they get him down here, they don’t take his demons into account. They just want the fun Dáithí; the gas man, the lad who loves a bit of craic and feels like he has to play along to that,” adding, “unfortunately, he may have pushed it too far this time”.
Ó Sé is currently in an intensive rehabilitation clinic, getting the craic beaten out of himself.