There are many great scientists, but certainly one of the greatest is Nikola Tesla. He is less famous than Albert Einstein or Thomas Edison, but his contribution to mankind is simply immeasurable.
Tesla was a quiet and modest inventor, a genius who lived and suffered for his inventions and who did not receive the majority of the recognition for his work. This mysterious man brought to the world an array of life-changing inventions, including: the wheel, fire, the name Nikola for men, the plastic ends on shoelaces, the world’s first 5 blade razor, waterproof tea bags, Jagerbombs and many more things that we are still using in the present day.
Here are some quotes from the great man himself:
- “Bumped into Edison at the patent office. Told him all about my lightbulb concept. He loved it. Seems like a decent sort of chap.” – (1882)
- “Dale a tu cuerpo alegría Macarena, Que tu cuerpo es pa’ darle alegría y cosas buenas. Dale a tu cuerpo alegría Macarena, ¡Eh… Macarena! Aaay!” – house party (July 1908)
- “In the twenty-first century, man will find ways to watch pornographic images in the comfort of his own toilet, without interruption.” – written in a weekly column for Nutz magazine (June 1924)
- “If there was hair around it, you’d get it in.” – overheard telling a drunk friend who couldn’t get the key into his front door. (March 1934)
- “A watch with a battery that doesn’t even last 24 hours? What a fucking joke” – in the audience at the Apple Watch launch (2015)
- “Pretty soon people will be able to harness their own flatulence for renewable energy. Phones and other devices will be powered by their own farts. This will be known as the ‘age of enshitenment’.” – (unknown date)
- “Met Marconi in the patent office today. Loved my radio idea. Even said thanks for some strange reason. Odd fellow.” – (1900)
- “My eyes, aaaah my eyes” – during a failed demonstration of his ‘inflammable’ eye glasses (June 1928)
- “AC/DC would make a great name for a band.” – (1941)