A SHOCKING new study has found that the human language will be entirely internet meme based by the year 2016.
Dr. Terence Spillane of the University of Sacramento claims that within the next five years, 96% of internet users will communicate mainly in a meme style format, and expects the remaining 4% to get ‘jelly’ and end up following suit like a boss.
The study found that out of 800 internet users followed over a 5 year period, 567 were already showing signs of speaking in an internet meme format when replying to friends and family.
Dr. Spillane told WWN that people who spend large amounts of time on-line were more susceptible to the form of language decay.
“Its just sad to see so many intelligent people repeating silly catch phrases over and over again not realising that it makes them sound stupid.”
However, linguistics expert Marthy Kent slammed Dr. Spillanes study as an ‘epic fail‘, stating she has being involved in the evolution of the English language for over 30 years and that professors argument was invalid.
Self confessed pop culturist, Darren Freeman, agreed with Ms Kent saying: ‘The whole idea of a meme based language is a cool story bro, but O RLY Proffessor? Y u no study something a bit more worth while. Like first world problems”
The study also claimed that by the year 2026, people will not even realise that most of their sentences and catch phrases originated from the memes of today.
When asked if he thought the world will have any issues relating to the change in language style, Dr Spillane concluded: “Problem?
“The sad thing is in 20 years time people will think they are being original and cool when in fact they are just repeating a bunch of dumb old phrases thought up by a bunch of equally dumb people before them. That is all”